Celsion GmbH Announces Commencement of Enrollment in Oxford University’s Phase 1 Study with ThermoDox® and Focused Ultrasound in Pancreatic Cancer
This investigator-led study sponsored by the
The primary endpoint of the two-arm 18-subject PanDox study is enhanced uptake of doxorubicin in pancreatic tumors using ThermoDox® and
Secondary endpoints include:
- Comparing radiologically assessed tumor activity and response with ThermoDox® and FUS to free drug alone.
- Examining the impact on patient symptoms of ThermoDox® plus FUS.
- Assessing the safety profile of both FUS and ThermoDox®.
The PanDox study is expected to be completed by
Preclinical studies conducted at the
Commenting on the PanDox clinical study, Dr.
“This Phase 1 study at
The mission of the NIHR is to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research. We do this by:
- Funding high quality, timely research that benefits the
NHS, public health and social care.
- Investing in world-class expertise, facilities and a skilled delivery workforce to translate discoveries into improved treatments and services.
- Partnering with patients, service users, careers and communities, improving the relevance, quality and impact of our research.
- Attracting, training and supporting the best researchers to tackle complex health and social care challenges.
- Collaborating with other public funders, charities and industry to help shape a cohesive and globally competitive research system.
- Funding applied global health research and training to meet the needs of the poorest people in low- and middle-income countries.
- NIHR is funded by the
Department of Health and Social Care. Its work in low- and middle-income countries is principally funded through UKAid from the UKgovernment.
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, statements relating to the offering and the use of proceeds therefrom, unforeseen changes in the course of research and development activities and in clinical trials; the uncertainties of and difficulties in analyzing interim clinical data, particularly in small subgroups that are not statistically significant; FDA and regulatory uncertainties and risks; the significant expense, time and risk of failure of conducting clinical trials; the need for
Executive Vice President and CFO
LHA Investor Relations
# # #
Source: Celsion CORP