Celsion Corporation Expands Vaccine Advisory Board with the Addition of Dr. Dan H. Barouch and Dr. Luke D. Handke
VAB member experience with vaccine research and immunology will guide development of the PLACCINE platform
for the prevention and treatment of infectious agents, including SARS-CoV-2
In addition to serving on the VAB,
“We are excited to add these distinguished virologists with their industry-leading perspectives and experiences to the
“Dr. Handke is particularly adept at designing and troubleshooting experimental approaches, and his work at Pfizer should provide invaluable support for our vaccine initiatives,” he added. “Dr. Barouch has a distinguished career developing vaccines for diseases that have plagued both developed and developing nations, and his work to deliver a single-dose DNA vaccine to address the COVID-19 pandemic was recently highlighted in
About the PLACCINE Platform
PLACCINE is Celsion’s proprietary plasmid and DNA delivery technology and the subject of a provisional patent application that covers a broad range of next-generation DNA vaccines and was announced on
- Viral Mutations: PLACCINE may offer broad-spectrum and mutational resistance (variants) by targeting multiple antigens on a single plasmid vector.
- Enhanced Efficacy: The potent immune modifier IL-12 may improve humoral and cellular responses to viral antigens and can be incorporated in the plasmid.
- Durable Efficacy: PLACCINE delivers a DNA plasmid-based antigen that can result in durable antigen exposure and a robust vaccine response to viral antigens.
- Storage & Distribution: PLACCINE allows for stability that is compatible with manageable vaccine storage and distribution.
- Dosing & Administration: PLACCINE is a synthetic delivery system that should require a simple injection that does not require viruses or special equipment to deliver its payload.
About Celsion Corporation
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based upon current beliefs, expectation, and assumptions and include statements regarding the platform having the potential to provide broad protection against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), and possible future mutations of SARS-CoV-2 or other coronaviruses. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict, including the ability of the Company’s platform to provide broad protection against COVID-19, and possible future mutations of SARS-CoV-2 or other coronaviruses, the issuance of a patent to the Company for use of its technology platform for treating or preventing infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, unforeseen changes in the course of research and development activities and in clinical trials; the uncertainties of and difficulties in analyzing interim clinical data, particularly in small subgroups that are not statistically significant; FDA and regulatory uncertainties and risks; the significant expense, time and risk of failure of conducting clinical trials; the need for
Celsion Investor Contact
Executive Vice President and CFO
LHA Investor Relations
# # #
Source: Celsion CORP